COMPLEXITY
by Daniel Piedra-Herrera
23 October 2003 05:54 UTC

Title: World-System Network/RITUALS OF MEDIATION: International Politics and Social Meaning
Did you receive my request to post the attachment?

Thank you,

Daniel

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 12:20 PM
Subject: World-System Network/RITUALS OF MEDIATION: International Politicsand Social Meaning

Dear ListServ Administrator:

Please post this to World-System Network.  Also, please let me know if you'd like to review the book for your listserv.  Thanks!

Best wishes,
Stacy Zellmann
Direct Marketing Manager
University of Minnesota Press
111 Third Avenue South, Suite 290
Minneapolis, MN 55401-2520
612-627-1934
http://www.upress.umn.edu

A timely consideration of the meaning of transnational cultural interactions today.

RITUALS OF MEDIATION: International Politics and Social Meaning
François Debrix and Cynthia Weber, editors
University of Minnesota Press | 264 pages | 2003
ISBN 0-8166-4075-0 | paperback | $19.95
ISBN 0-8166-4074-2 | hardcover | $54.95

The authors consider international issues like security, development, political activism, and the war against terrorism through the lens of cultural practices such as traveling through airports, exhibiting art and photography, logging on to the Internet, and spinning news stories.

Contributors: Robin Brown, David Campbell, Michael Dillon, Debbie Lisle, Moya Lloyd, Timothy W. Luke, Patricia L. Price, Jayne Rodgers, Marysia Zalewski.

For more information, visit the book's webpage:
http://www.upress.umn.edu/Books/D/debrix_rituals.html

Sign up to receive news on the latest releases from University of Minnesota Press:
http://www.upress.umn.edu/eform.html