Re: Will a mini ice age result from global warming?
by KenRichard2002
07 August 2003 05:15 UTC

It really sounds like something of a crap shoot.   If it is true that desalizination can lead to the freezing of water you still also have to factor in the warmer air and land temperatures,  the fact that the ocean water tempertures are going to change to some degree and probably not for the colder so it's unknown to me just where the freezing conditions are going to come from.  Except for the *nuclear winter* scenario or some extreme volcanic activity or perhaps an asteroid or a shower of meteorites tagging the earth, I have never heard of any likely factors generating freezing conditions.

KR