Re: Prigogine & Co.
by Trichur Ganesh
18 June 2003 00:40 UTC

I disagree with those who think that reading Prigogine or Stengers is
tantamount to 'going down the reductionist road'.  There is nothing
reductionist about Prigogine, there is nothing reductionist about Stengers,
and I do not suffer from Wagar's experience of  inferiority complexes in
saying so.  In any case where does he read a 'shrinking of social phenomena to
the dimensions of the natural'?  In Wallerstein's use of the concept of
'bifurcation'?  But is that all that one may see in Prigogine?  Ganesh.