Re: altermondialistes, altermondialisation, altermondialisme (Le Monde)
by Luke Rondinaro
05 June 2003 02:34 UTC

This makes great sense, and it definitely squares with my own understanding of the globalization issue.  It's a matter of the globalization of ALL versus the globalization ("mondialisation") of the few.

One other idea, might it also be correct to make this distinction and classification? --->

Globalization of the Few = Political Globalism
Globalization of All = [True] "Globalization"

It may not even be a good idea at all.  Still I welcome your thoughts on the notion.  Best!  (Luke R.)

Luke Rondinaro, The Consilience Projects
www.topica.com/lists/consiliencep

Evgeni Nikolaev <evgnikolaev@ukr.net> wrote:
There is a small linguistic difference between "globalisation" and
"mondialisation".

Globalisation is a process which concerns all social spheres - economics,
politics, culture, telecommunications, etc. On the other hand,
"mondialisation" means globalisation, but only in the political sphere. So
it is a narrower term than the former. Therefore, "altermondialisation"
movement could mean that its members are not against globalisation in
general, but are opposed to the politics of leading countries towards
developing countries, or something like that.

Regards,

Evgeni Nikolaev

Do you Yahoo!?