call for interest
by Bernd Hamm
05 June 2003 09:59 UTC

Dear Collegues,

the opposition against the Bush war policy in the France and German governments
might be over after the Evian G 8 summit. All the more does it seem important
to do
more for the information of the general public, and counteract the one-sided
mainstream media. This is why i would like to work on a book which could
attempt to
give a general overview over the major aspects of the Bush policy.

I have drafted a first possible outline (attachment) which is still open to
debate. My hope
is to win US authors to write the chapters, for two reasons: your expertise and
access to
the relevant sources is extremely better than ours from abroad, and it would at
the
same time demonstrate that there is a lifely opposition within the US. So your
comments are most welcome. Even more would i appreciate if you would be willing
contribute one of the chapters.

I thought of some 15 to 20 chapters, with something like 20 pages each.

I would then establish an eMail-list to exchange views and draft chapters for
mutual
comment.

Although the book is aimed at a non-american readership in the first place (and
i would
like to care for a german translation and a publisher), it is open whether or
not there
might also be sufficient interest in north america.

Hoping that this might find your interest, i am cordially yours, Bernd Hamm

Bernd Hamm
Jean Monnet Professor of European Studies
Center for European Studies
University of Trier, D 54286 Trier, Germany
Tel. +49-651-201.27.27, Fax 201.39.30
e-mail hamm@uni-trier.de
http://www.uni-trier.de/zes/