Re: the modern world-system
by Michael Pugliese
29 May 2003 22:09 UTC

Robert Brenner, "The Origins of Capitalist Development: A Critique of Neo- Smithian Marxism," New Left Review, no. 104 (July-August 1977), pp. 25-93.
http://www.monthlyreview.org/699jbf.htm
Found googling, http://www.google.com/search+Neo-Smithian+marxists

On Thu, 29 May 2003 22:36:16 +0100, Hassan <hra23@cam.ac.uk> wrote:

Does anyone know where you can find Wallerstein's (or any world-systems)
response to Robert Brenner's critique of WST in the New Left Review (the
article which called Wallerstein and Sweezy 'Neo-Smithian marxists')?

thanks,
hassan

--
Michael Pugliese

"Without knowing that we knew nothing, we went on talking without listening to each other. Sometimes we flattered and praised each other, understanding that we would be flattered and praised in return. Other times we abused and shouted at each other, as if we were in a madhouse."
-Tolstoy