Re: Zionism, supremacist doctrines and PNAC
by Alan Spector
10 May 2003 22:40 UTC

This post is NOT about genetics!

As a separate point, however, I did, and do, want us all to be aware that
terms like "remarkable achievements" are saturated with class (and sometimes
racial-ethnic) bias. It is more accurate, more in keeping with the
principles of World Systems Theory and self-consciously critical social
science in general, for us to avoid using terms like "remarkable
achievements" as if they were universal, across cultures and classes.

One group's "remarkable achievements" can be hidden from view if they are
not consistent with the interests and values of those who  judge of
"remarkable achievements". And on a more obvious note, one group's
"remarkable achievements" are another group's genocide.

best,
Alan Spector