Re: Oil Power Politics: Iraq as American armlock on Europe
by John Leonard

Before the genocide of Iraq and Palestine is over,
deep blood-red and oil-black stains of a fascist blitzkrieg
turn my country's name to an indelible curse and epithet
as awful as "Nazi Germany" or "Mongol hordes"

that is to say, Infamy for Eternity, no more, no less.

Rest in peace, my late homeland of "America the Beautiful,"

I shall weep for thee but once.

Henceforth shall be thy name:    America the Murderous.

~~~~~~~~~
=========

"Guess who wrote this, in Time magazine, just three weeks ago?
'Israel is wrapped up in Iraq... [the goal of] a stronger Israel is
very much embedded in the rationale for a war with Iraq.'
No, not some swarthy Arab of ill intent, but Joe Klein, yes Joe Klein, the
hard-headed American political guru and a man of impeccable Jewish descent.'"

http://argument.independent.co.uk/regular_columnists/
yasmin_alibhai_brown/story.jsp?story=384215