Re: END the MODERATION
by Threehegemons

Alan et al:

In a message dated 1/26/2003 10:28:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
spectors@netnitco.net writes:

> My previous posting about moderation was a comment about censorship, and my
>guess that there probably was no serious censorship on WSN that was causing a
>drop in messages.
>
>  However, the other criticism, that of a long time-lag between posting and
>appearing is a different issue and a serious
> one.

Alan et al.  Presently wsn has two moderators.  I handle Tues, Thurs, and
weekends.  The name of the person handling the other days escapes me.  I do my
best to get the wsn messages out quickly, and usually check my mail many times
on any given day.  Despite the hype about e-mail being instantaneous, I've
often found wsn (premoderation) and other lists to sometimes slow down in
getting messages out when traffic is heavy.  Currently wsn does not receive the
sorts of spam you describe for psn, although this certainly might change.

Elson, I am not sure what happened to your commentary on Wallerstein.  I
remember reading it.  I'd like to blame it on computer error, but I suspect it
was a human one (i.e. I may have spaced on hitting the 'accept' button after
reading through it).  My apologies if this was the case.

Khaldoun--the thread on 'total occupation' was begun on January 15 by
Zainiddin Karaev.  If anyone is interested in older wsn mail check the archive
at http://csf.colorado.edu/mail/wsn/2003/
It is automatically updated daily.

Everyone:  Please avoid using capital letters when not called for--it is the
cyber equivalent of yelling.

Steven Sherman