Re: Israeli Atrocities Question Mark
by Alan Spector
10 December 2002 05:16 UTC

Forging phony films with fake atrocities is wrong. Spreading racist lies
such as the Protocols of the Elders of Zion is wrong. Both are appalling and
must be condemned.  Once again, though, we should be reminded about who is
doing most of the atrocities and most of the propagandistic lies.

At this point, someone might accuse me of softening up the criticism of the
anti-Jewish propaganda or insisting that every condemnation of anti-Jewish
propaganda must be simultaneously accompanied by a condemnation of every
anti-Arab act.  Well, I am not saying that.  I am saying that as a
stand-alone comment, any forgeries and especially any propagation of the
Protocols of the Elders of Zion must be condemned.

As a separate point, however, it is important for people to have some kind
of context. Just how much forging has gone on by commission and omission by
the US and Israeli governments?  How much does the average person in the US
know about the murders in the South Lebanon camp committed with the consent
of Sharon and the supposedly "Heroic" as they are described below, IDF.
(Israeli Defense Forces). Is it true that they  have only fought against
terrorists and terrorists alone? Of course not. And how many, many lies were
told by the US government, forgeries during Vietnam, Greneda, Panama, and
the Gulf War (remember the supposed film of the Iraqi munitions dump being
exploded by a US "smart bomb" that turned out to be film of a US Army truck
being exploded in the US for a training film?).

The racist stereotyping against Jews must be condemned. But look at the
steady diet of anti-Arab stereotypes that fill US popular Hollywood films.
True, those films usually admit to being fiction, but the impact on the US
public, especially youth is very strong. How many such films? Fifty, a
hundred? Seen by how many tens of millions, hundreds of millions of
people..........films that consistently portray Arabs as "lesser than
Christians and Jews."

We should have absolutely NO PATIENCE with anyone that spreads anti-Jewish
propaganda. NONE. It is inexcusable. But that does not mean one must support
the misery that the Israeli government, with US government backing, has
brought down on hundreds of thousands of Arabs, nor the propaganda and lies
that are used to justify that oppression.

Alan Spector