Sociology/social science conferences in Europe/Latin America/ Africa?
by Alan Spector
16 October 2002 03:22 UTC

I'm interested in learning about upcoming sociology (or related conferences) in Europe (or possibly Latin America or Africa) during year 2003.

I always hear about these conferences a month or two before they are held. Unfortunately, requests for funding to participate and/or attend these conferences must be made to my university by mid-November for anything in year 2003. So naturally, when I receive notices in February about conferences in April, or even October, it is already too late.  My Spanish language skills are okay--other languages are weak, so something where English could be used would be best. I'm sure that some of these conferences are already being organized.

I'd appreciate it if information about such upcoming conferences could be posted, either to the lists, or privately to me.

Thanks,

Alan Spector
spectors@netnitco.net