Re: Environmental Determinism, etc.
by Nemonemini
02 October 2002 11:00 UTC

In a message dated 10/2/2002 1:36:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, bb05246@binghamton.edu writes:

> The context of the eonic effect is somehow mysterious...

Is this what has become of World Systems analysis? Or is sociology finally
catching up with physics as represented in the work of Archimedes Plutonium?

see for example,
http://www.newphys.se/elektromagnum/physics/LudwigPlutonium/

To call the eonic effect mysterious is at least honest. What exactly are the achievements of World System Analysis? I am not aware of a single hard claim in the field worth looking at twice.
The eonic model is at least completely clear about what it says, what it claims and doesn't claim, and restricts itself to a rigorous 'periodization only' to try and get a real look at what is going on in World History. No more, no less.
I invite you to a point by point comparison of the eonic model and World System. Analysis.
The eonic model closes on the flaws in Standard Causal Theories imitating physics in about sixty seconds. I hate to say it, but Marxism flunks badly, although potentiallly it has a significant potential foundation.

Sometimes the reference to Kant throws people off track. We are not talking about idealism here. Only the crypto-metaphysical aspect of all forms of scientism applied to the social sciences.

Also, the critique of Darwin also throws people off. If you are adamantly convinced that Darwin's theory of natural selection is a full theory of evolution then all your labors will be in vain and you will end up persecuting anyone trying to bring in some fresh air.
As to Ludwig Plutonium, the aping of physics is indeed a serious joke. Speak for yourself and don't fob it off on me.

John Landon
Website on the eonic effect
http://eonix.8m.com
nemonemini@eonix.8m.com