World system studies and female researchers
by Carl Nordlund
26 September 2002 01:56 UTC

Hi wsn:ers,

First: thanks for the advice on where to find old books! I am currently having a field-day, or, rather, field-night, browsing through these networked book dealers!

Secondly, a thought struck me regarding people doing world system research: aren't there exceptionally few women studying world system analysis on a top-down basis? Just by scrolling through the mailing archives of this email group, I find very few female names, but especially when looking at my book-shelf: I have some literature but only one piece by a female writer: Janet Abu-Lughod!

Yours,
-----
Carl Nordlund, BA, PhD student
carl.nordlund(at)humecol.lu.se