Re: The Eonic Effect and the problem of evidence Stream and Sequence
by Luke Rondinaro
24 September 2002 04:08 UTC

John Landon wrote:

<Keep in mind (if you have studied the summary of the model) that it is really two things at the same time, the stream and sequence  aspects. The model of the 'eonic' or intermittent effect, shows the overlay of a system on the temporal stream of world history in all its diversity.  If you look at the full model you will see the way in which the succession of regions is analyzed and explained (eonic jump diffusion). But we can't really start a graph in one place and move to another without defining a totality of some sort. All that is provided, although the details get a bit weird.  This brings in the stream and sequence aspect. That is, we have a model of how a large scale process operates in relation to the 'streams' of local places. The 'eonic sequence', by hypothesis (and data to match) operates in phases on different streams. Thus we see that our Greek phase taken from the Greek stream contributes to the eonic sequence, same for the next step.  It is possible this total goes through this kind of 'sort of' ' sine curve, e.g. we do see a sort of general middle ages. But the rise of the modern is associated with a phase in a particular place. >

This is very interesting to me.  Any specific ideas on how we might try to diagram or flowchart some of this stuff?  It’d be neat to see it in visual form …

<
Think of the game of life applied to the surface of a sphere. We would have it divided into a series of regions. Some regions switch on, others off. We could also create a sequence from regions. Whatever the case, such genetic algorithms do resemble the eonic effect in general in the sense that a genetic algorithm is a discrete model overlaid on a continuous model. Thus we have a 'discrete' series of steps in the game of life. >

Also quite fascinating.  It’s like the DNA sequence and the Eonic Effect in history are “mirroring” each other.  If they are it means their imprints are upon one another as well as the human social/psychological dynamic.  What are the implications of this?  Might they be “tuned” into one another’s wavelengths w/I the World System and human action over time? … (If they are then perhaps this is the very mechanism I’m looking for in terms of Macroevolution/micro-physical/organismic transformations being connected to each other that I raised in my previous two posts)  Just a guess and maybe not a good one at that.  What do you think?

Do you Yahoo!?