Re: Hobsbawm interview in the Observer
by Threehegemons
22 September 2002 23:00 UTC

In a message dated Sun, 22 Sep 2002 12:41:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Threehegemons writes:

This is one of several relevant quotes relating to Hobsbawm's global
perspective.

>>> Nation-state history is probably the most damaging part of history today
>since the world cannot be understood in terms of nation states. On the other
>hand, it's very difficult to know how to break away from it since schools are
>essentially

I certainly wouldn't claim that's he's perfect (who is), but compare his work
to that of Williams, Thompson, and Hill for a sense of how he broke away from
the English obsession of his peers.  Where was his review of Huntington
published?

Steven Sherman