David Irving stories, the need of watertight facts and IR (answer to Nafeer M. Ahmed)
by Tausch, Arno
16 September 2002 09:39 UTC

Dear Nafeez,

first of all let me provide you with a quick explanation of why I did not
send you my e-mails before - I thought the Media Monitor mail address
automatically redirects it to you. Please understand that neiher 09/11 nor -
for that matter - conspiracy theories - are on my professional agenda, and
such errors (looking up the e-mail address from a quick google search, that
is my peculiar work style) do happen.

I do by and large stand by what I said in my review, but let me offer to you
my best wishes in the first place to your family, now that your baby girl
was born.

What IR research is concerned, I wished everything in your book would be as
'watertight' as the beginnings of Chapter 5.

Understand, Nafeez, that in the end - especially in the Backword, not
written by you, but by Mr. Leonard - although on the cover you are mentioned
as the author - there are instances of mixing together sources which never
should be mixed. The Washington Times is not at the same level to be quoted
as, say, the NY Times or the LA Times. Let us look at the smoking gun
chapter, pages 361 ff.

I really was curious to see the smoking gun, but it turned out to be a story
disseminated by the mots notorious negator of the Holocaust today, the
british Neo-Nazi David Irving.

El Pais in Madrid, the major world wide Spanish language daily freely
available on the Internet at:

http://www.elpais.es/

does not tell us anything about this Mr. Ben Zvi, mentioned in the smoking
gun chapter of the book as the crown incident, "proving" the Israeli
conspiracy.

I was, I said, curious to have a look at the smoking gun. I tried out the
quoted source at:

http://www.pgr.gob.mx/cmsocial/bo101/oct/b69701.html.

No nothing:

No se encuentra la página
Puede que se haya quitado la página que está buscando, que haya cambiado su
nombre o que no esté disponible temporalmente.

Informations about this Ben Zvi, your crown evidence + Mexico, my dear
friend are listed under google under the following headings:

I searched the web for ben zvi mexico.   Results 1 - 10 of about 2,140.
Search took 0.30 seconds.

Mexico - Angebote zum Thema Mexico
www.ebay.de      Lastminute in den Urlaub - Tickets & Zubehör - HIER
KLICKEN! Sponsored Link

PUBLICATIONS OF THE ATF STAFF 1991
... Ben-Zvi, I., Yang, KM, Yu, LH The "Fresh-Bunch" Technique in FELS. 1991
International
Free Electron Conference, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 8/26-30/91, BNL 46688 ...
nslsweb.nsls.bnl.gov/AccTest/ATFPUBS/PUBS1991.html - 5k - Cached

PUBLICATIONS OF THE ATF STAFF, 1990
... Ben-Zvi, I., Jain, A., Wang, H., Lombardi, A. Electrical Characteristics
of a Short
RFQ Resonator. 1990 LINAC Conference, Albuquerque, New Mexico, September 10
nslsweb.nsls.bnl.gov/AccTest/ATFPUBS/PUBS1990.html - 4k - Cached
[ More results from nslsweb.nsls.bnl.gov ]

David Irving's Action Report On-line
... Security then turned the terrorists Salvador Guersson Smecke, age 34,
and Saur Ben
Zvi ... Macedo de la Concha and a top Ariel Sharon envoy who flew to Mexico
www.fpp.co.uk/BoD/Mossad/Mexico/151001.html - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

Document Title
... One of them Saur Ben Zvi is a confirmed citizen of Israel and the other,
Salvador Guersson, recently immigrated to Mexico from Israel. ...
aztlan.net/mexmossad.htm - 4k - Cached - Similar pages

http://www.fpp.co.uk/BoD/Mossad/Mexico/151001.html

Well, I will tell you this: I do not trust "informations" spread by the most
notorious negator of the holocaust that there is in the world, David Irving,
but I do trust a lot informations published in EL PAIS and other real media
that deserve their name. So come up with stories from such media, and I will
believe you more.

I would suggest to you - in all seriousness - to work for a watertight
second edition. A lot of what you say in Chapters 1 - 5 is very interesting
indeed, but get rid of things which are not watertight. Get a subscription
of REUTERS Business Briefing or DIALOG SELECT Com with all the world
newsmedia at one click, archives of the NY Times etc. dating back as far as
the 1980s, and come up with a second edition that is watertighter as the
first edition - from page 1 to page number last, lest I really would have to
accuse you - as you say yourself:

I ended up neglecting my professional duties (and to be honest
am still doing so now!)

I do share with you the thought that the victimization of Islam in the
western world should stop, and that serious investigations should start.

But to be in the same boat as David Irving and his stories, no, thanks!

Salam aleikum indeed.

Arno Tausch

PS: re-look at my own analyses at WSN published in 2001 and 2002 - you will
see that there are perhaps better avenues to follow. This is the kind of
stuff that I would consider as more serious news:

http://csf.colorado.edu/mail/wsn/2001/msg01284.html

http://csf.colorado.edu/mail/wsn/2001/msg01283.html

http://csf.colorado.edu/mail/wsn/2001/msg01282.html

http://csf.colorado.edu/mail/wsn/2001/msg01310.html

http://csf.colorado.edu/mail/wsn/2001/msg01311.html

http://csf.colorado.edu/mail/wsn/2001/msg01313.html

http://csf.colorado.edu/mail/wsn/2001/msg01374.html

http://csf.colorado.edu/mail/wsn/2002/msg00586.html

try out also this. Strange, that the guy who propped up OBL in the first
place as the go-between the Americans and the Afghans, Lt. General Hamid
GUL, was also about the first to voice the Israel "conspiracy theory":

http://www.robert-fisk.com/hamid_gul_interview_sept26_2001.htm

Not because I like the policies of Mr. Sharon, but because I am against easy
conspiracy theories, I tell you that I stand by my verdict that in your
draft you mention the word Israel or Mossad only positively - quite in
contrast to the book!