Re: Tragedy and the Eonic Model
by Nemonemini
30 August 2002 14:04 UTC

In a message dated 8/28/2002 11:05:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Nemonemini@aol.com writes:

The emergence of the 'tragedy' genre in the Greeks is prime evidence related
to and analyzed in the eonic model, cf. http://eonix.8m.com/chapfive_3.htm

Its significance is often obscured by the strange theories of its definition,
what is tragedy, and sometimes confused by Nietzsche's thinking.
But the core of its significance in the 'evolution of freedom' is direct.

This example shows the need to creep up slowly on world history with 'positive definite' periodization analysis to detect the deficit of explanation in most accounts. This mysterious sudden appearance of so many art forms in the so-called Axial period, along with much else, shows the Axial age concept, of which I am also critical, to be a virtually uncharted continent.
Here the effect of this 'silent voice' of the great age of rushing advance so visible in the Greeks is barely detectable, but once detected, spectacular.
We are so far off a correct understanding of the 'world system' the results are tragic!

The problem here is that the Israelites were the first to notice this kind of thing, and thought it divinity. Apparently not, but the effect here is spooky.
I say this because all models have failed. We simply haven't even looked at history. Its deeper layers are deep indeed, but not so deep they won't yield to close 'periodization' probes.

John Landon
Website on the eonic effect
http://eonix.8m.com
nemonemini@eonix.8m.com