TEACHING SOCIOLOGY FROM A MARXIST PERSPECTIVE: FINAL CALL FOR SYLLABI(fwd)
by Martha Gimenez
04 May 2002 16:38 UTC

FINAL CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Section on Marxist Sociology needs YOUR contributions for updating the
ASA Teaching Resource TEACHING SOCIOLOGY FROM A MARXIST PERSPECTIVE!

It should be clear that we are not exclusively seeking teaching resources
in marxist theory.  We welcome all teaching resources that demonstrate how
one can teach sociology from a marxist perspective. Resources as varied as
syllabi, study questions, handouts, test questions, classroom exercises,
reading lists, bibliographies, recommended videos and films and any other
instructional materials that work for you will be accepted.

We are particularly interested in resources in the following topic areas
which we have so far received only limited items:
> Marxist Theory
> Sociological theory
> Feminist theory
> Population/Environment
> Methods
> Sociology of Art
> Urban Sociology
> Industrial Sociology

PLEASE SEND your materials preferably in electronic form or by CD, zip
disk, or 3.5 floppy disk (WORD or WordPerfect, IBM compatible).

                !!!!!BEFORE MAY 24th!!!!!

to:

gimenez@csf.colorado.edu

or

Martha E. Gimenez
Department of Sociology
Campus Box 327
University of Colorado at Boulder
Boulder, Colorado 80309
303-492-7080

The revised edition will be edited by Martha E. Gimenenz and Brian V.
Klocke.

Thank you in advance for your submissions!