Request for Suggestions
by Saima Alvi
04 May 2002 15:46 UTC

hi,

I want to request help with locating online resources dealing with "Sikh
Separatism"; more specifically, I want to explore the nexus between
ethnicity, religion, and politics in the Sikh Separatist drama that reached
its culmination during the 1980s.

I want to consider the following aspects of Sikh separatist movement:

(a) The role and significance of the involvement of Sikh dispora;

(b) The ideological stance, and the contradictions therein, of various
political or miliant-political Sikh groups, and prominent Sikh individuals;

(c) The impact of agricultural modernization on social structures in
E.Punjab

(d) The impact of center's interventionist policies

PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ANYONE YOU THINK CAN BE OF HELP!

THANKS,
regards,
saima