Re: Israeli destruction catalogued
by Threehegemons

I agree with Alan that lumping six million American Jews into the category of
Zionists apparently controlling both US and Israeli policy is distorted.
Nevertheless, the significance of the pro-Israeli faction (representing the a
clear majority of American Jews, and virtually all the major organizations of
American Jewish life), networked into both Israeli and American elite centers
(not all American elite centers, but certainly the media, politics, finance..),
should not be entirely discounted.  Its a tricky issue to capture their
influence accurately, neither exaggerating nor underrating it.  The current
president has a father whose secretary of state once said 'don't worry about
the Jews, they don't vote for us anyway'.  At the same time,on Israel the
current president gets attacked mostly from the right in congress , by
Democrats--where are they coming from?  But I'm more convinced that the bulk of
the US Jewish community just gets behind Israeli policy, rather than concocting
it--talk to Israelis and American Jews and its amazing, however much you
disagree with the former, how much more they actually know about the issue.

Steven Sherman