Re: The election heartquake in France
by Boris Stremlin

Anne-Marie,

I wouldn't be too hasty about moving to the US:  Chirac will almost
definitely win the runoff, and in a recent story covering the French
elections, the New York Times observed that the "right-wing" Chirac is
well to the left of - Al Gore!  We're not exactly the same planet here...

However, Michael is correct to note a general rightward shift in Europe.
Thus, I repose a question I asked here several months ago - what does a
rightward shift in Europe mean for the relationship between Europe and the
US (and for future of EU integration).

--
Boris Stremlin
bstremli@binghamton.edu