Re: Jefferson and genocide
by Carl H.A. Dassbach

But the systematic, relentless extermination of the native people is only
one of the great atrocities of American history, there are more such as the
enslavement of Africans and the Black holocaust of the late 19th and early
20th c., the herding Japanese Americans into concentration camps during
World War II, or the fact that 8 to 10 million people in the "richest
country in the world" go to bed hungry and 30 million lack adequate health
insurance.

National memories are selective and nations try to forget, excuse or ignore
their atrocities.  If you are a powerful nation, forgetting is more
successful than in the case of weaker nations who have their pasts "rubbed
in their face."

Even today, the US is the main accomplice in one of the greatest atrocities
of the 20th and 21st century, the systematic extermination of the
Palestinian people.
Carl H.A.  Dassbach

Member of the Human Race,
Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Dept. of Social Sciences
Michigan Tech. Univ.
Houghton,  MI  49931
(906)487-2115