Oliverio and Frank on Terrorism II
by pat lauderdale

In THE STATE OF TERROR, Oliverio's powerful analysis of terrorism is to
"comprehend that it is the state, including especially the academy and
the media, who serve their own interests by labelling, denouncing, and
persecuting the powerless as the sources of 'terrorism'.  Concomitantly,
Oliverio also appeals to our comprehension of how the same interested
parties use this same power to shape our perceptions in their (largely
successful) attempt to protect themselves from the terrorist label and
other critiques and to exempt their policies from reform."  [from the
Foreword by Andre Gunder Frank]