Appeal from Sheikh Ahmed Yassin Founder of "Hamas"- Palistine

Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 17:17:54 +0000

In the name of Allah the most Gracious the most Merciful

Our Arab and Islamic Ummah:
Your brothers in the land of Ribat are currently the victims of the most
hideous campaign of annihilation in contemporary history of Palestine. The
Zionist murderous gangs are storming Palestinian cities in the West Bank and
Gaza Strip killing innocents, even children, and destroying and besieging
while preventing medical assistance to scores of wounded who are left to
bleed to death.
We affirm that in spite of the grisly campaign our people will not kneel
down and will bravely confront the attackers with the help of Allah.
Moreover, our resistance factions will chase that malicious enemy in all
areas of Palestine in accordance with almighty Allah's Words: "And slay them
wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you
out;"
We appeal to the gallantry, belief and fraternity in you to take to the
streets in all of our Arab and Islamic capitals and cities to express your
solidarity with our people and to reflect your rejection of that brutal
aggression.
And it is a Jihad until either victory or martyrdom
Your brother
Sheikh Ahmed Yassin
Founder of the Islamic Resistance Movement-Hamas