World Systems Law
by Dennis L. Blewitt

    After I finished my book on Sociology of Law, I decided it was all wrong
and did not explain what happened nor did it describe the situation as it
exists today.  Hence, I started a 5 year odyssy into the realm of postmodern
theory, systems analysis, chaos theory, etc.
    I will attempt to clarify my position.
Law and history are inseparable.  Social movements are part of history.
Each nation had its own legal system and laws.  This confused
transnationals, was inefficient and expensive, having to seek counsel in
each country in which a transnational wished to operate.
    Local law restricted the sovereignty of transnationals, regulating
operations, trade, capital, etc., sometimes conflicting with each other.
    Legal structure forms social behavior.  Common law encouraged societies
to organize and behave contrary to the perceived self interests of the
multinationals.  Roman law, historically the law of conquest, was well
adapted to concentration of power and produced societies and behaviors
compatable with transnationals.
    Transnationals have difficulty dealing with consensus, which is the
essence of common law and through their surrogates (as described by Mills)
sought to organize the perceived chaos with a system that responded better
to and recognized power.
    Through intelligence agencies and other controlled apparatus, law
societies such as American Law Institutes, the codification of law was
promoted, ultimately allowing a TN corporation to have one counsel for all
countries.  Codification can also thwart the democratic tendencies of some
nations.
    Through media and government, certain myths were created to define
certain social problems and to obtain regulation.  Also, through myth and
propaganda, the restraints on TN corporations were relaxed or removed.  As
this happens, TN.s develop sovereighty independant upon any geographical
state or even region such as NAFTA or EUC.  The TNs then develop strategic
treaty relationships with other TNs or sovereign states to impliment the
collective policy of the TNs.
    The public is convinced through the media that this is good and policy
is supported.
    Policy is not debated with just say no, zero tolerance and calls to
patriotism.
    In my interview of judges, I have learned that the judges (at least in
my area) know what they are doing is wrong, but fear of the press drives
their behavior
    Now, instead of law following consensus, law is independent of
consensus.  Law is the result of decrees made by those with the power to
enforce them
    Unlike the civil rights days and the anti war days, demonstrations and
protests will accomplish little, since the power controls the power of
information.  The public must retake control of at least one branch of
government.  Right now, the courts still have the power, if not the will or
sophistication to declare much of what is happening today as illegal
Dennis L. Blewitt