Israel
by Alan Spector

My understanding, perhaps wrong, is that Egypt is the largest official
recipient and Israel (with less than one tenth the population...) is second.
But there may well be covert funding to Israel, since we know that the CIA
has various secret funds that it spends out of the public eye. Perhaps the
"victory" of the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan  will give the CIA another
source of income....from the increased heroin trade.

Within Israel are two legal classes of Arabs.....Israeli citizens and,
basically, guest workers (mainly Palestinians from the West Bank or other
places). The "guest workers", as immigrants, have virtually no rights.

The Israeli citizens who are Arab by language and ethnicity can, legally,
vote, even become the leader of the Israeli government.....but the reality
is severe housing segregation and job discrimination. This is intensified by
the fact that the Israeli government gives special benefits (education,
other kinds of financial benefits) to veterans. But Arab citizens are not
permitted to join the military. So they are not eligible to receive those
benefits.

I cannot guarantee the absolute accuracy of the above comments, but I'm
pretty sure they are accurate....

Alan Spector