Reply to `Why Europe not China?`
by B. Y.
26 February 2002 07:32 UTC

I think there is a lot of source regarding to this question, with the aim of explaining modernism and liberalism.
However, in my opinion explaining this reality with social anthropology is very useful.
For example, Marvin Harris explains very well how different cultures and economic systems led to different systems.
Also, Immanuel Wallerstein's critics on orientalism was very helpful for me.

Regards

BY

What are the normal references for the "why Europe? Why
not China" question regarding technological progress and
economic development in the 1500's-2001 period?

--
Dr. Bruce R. McFarling, PhD
Bus. Office 1.72 -- (02) 4348-4078