Re: Power and power
by Harry Forster
17 February 2002 17:20 UTC

I don't claim to have answers to these questions but this discussion seems
to be ignoring how the people on the receiving end, and their immediate
neighbours in an already unstable Middle East, might react. Has everyone
forgotten the Kurd refugee crisis, for instance? Bin Laden may be off the
air, for one or other reason, but resentment of US military presence near
Saudi shrines is much more acute than ten years ago. Wars are not just a
matter of military might. They leave behind an awful mess.

yours

Harry Forster