correction of sorts to my last post
by Alan Spector
04 February 2002 02:09 UTC

I really HATE having to modify something I wrote, but upon re-reading my last post, I realize that one short phrase could be misunderstood. In comparing the killings in Tienamien Square, China with the massive premature deaths caused by capitalism in so-called "democratic" India, I certainly did not intend to be justifying the killings by the Chinese government. It was wrong, a terrible act. The point of my post was to raise questions of proportionality, not of the crimes, but of the outrages that people feel at different sorts of crimes.

Alan Spector