call for contributions
by Bernd Hamm

Dear friends,
together with friends from the history of arts department I am
planning an international conference on Cultural Imperialism. A call
for contributions is attached for your information. We are optimistic
that the European Commissioner for Culture will accept our
proposal for funding and that the Commissioner herself may
participate.
The first half-day session (october 18, morning) will be dedicated to
the history of cultural imperialism. We are planning two key
lectures: Pontus Hultén, the director of the Centre Pompidou in
Paris, and Ashis Nandy, Centre for the Study of Developing
Societies, Delhi.
The second session will deal with cultural imperialism in our times,
and one of the two key note speakers invited is Hilmar Hoffmann,
president of the Goethe Institute. The second key-note speaker
(invited) is Edward Said. The third session is about
alternatives, with Johan Galtung as one of the two key note
speakers.
Please do not hesitate to distribute the announcement among
interested people.

Bernd

__________________________________

Bernd Hamm
Jean Monnet Professor of European Studies
Director, Center for European Studies
University of Trier, D 54286 Trier, Germany
Tel. +49-651-201.27.27, Fax 201.39.30
e-mail hamm@uni-trier.de
http://www.uni-trier.de/zes/

Der folgende Abschnitt dieser Nachricht enthält einen Dateianhang
im Internet MIME Format.
Wenn Sie Pegasus Mail oder ein anderes MIME-kompatibles Programm verwenden,
sollten Sie den Anhang speichern oder ansehen können.
Sollte das nicht funktionieren, fragen Sie Ihren Systembetreuer um Rat.

If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,

   ---- Datei-Informationen / File information -----------
     Datei/File:  Cultural Imperialism.doc
     Datum/Date:  26 Jan 2002, 12:00
     Größe/Size:  22016 bytes.