Book Of Chomsky
by B. Y.

Reply of Immanuel Wallerstein to the indictment of Turkish Security Court about
the book of Chomsky `American Intervention` published by Aram Yayincilik
Dear Aram Yayincilik,

I learn with considerable dismay of the lawsuit brought against you for
publishing the remarks of Noam Chomsky concerning Turkey. I have read
the  remarks cited in the indictment. All I can say is that is such remarks
menace "the unity...of Turkey" in the opinion of the Turkish state,
then  the Turkish state cannot believe that there exists very much unity.
Such a suit reflects fear, not strength. And of course, the very act of
bringing such a suit reduces the degree of human freedom within the state.

I hope the government will reflect on the self-destructiveness of such a suit.

Yours/Immanuel Wallerstein