racism and world system theory
by George Snedeker
30 December 2001 03:01 UTC

I would like to thank Louis Proyect for pointing out the racist nature of
Gordon Hales posts. I was unable to put my finger on this key. after all,
how else can one defend empire by the logic of the strong against the weak.
"nation" or is it tribe? what is all this talk about hatred for the Other?
of course, it is racism that unlocks the door of empire. Hale talks about
ancestors and all they have built. is this some kind of code for racial
domination and conquest? I think it is. this is perhaps why Hale has been so
vague about details. his little story about the Sudan gives it all away.