FYI: SP book summary
by Emilio José Chaves
17 November 2001 12:13 UTC

For your information, this is the summary of John Bunzl book which I mentioned in a recent post, where I even changed the tittle somewhat (sorry). Thanks, Emilio
*************
"The Simultaneous Policy -An Insider's Guide to Saving Humanity and the Planet"
by John Bunzl
With Foreword by Diana Schumacher
The greatest barrier to solving our global environmental, economic and social problems is destructive competition between nations to attract capital and jobs, harming society and the environment around the world. The Simultaneous Policy offers a solution and also outlines a political campaign which transcends party politics and offers the prospect of global transformation and survival. The Simultaneous Policy is a lucid analysis of globalisation and a compelling solution to global problems such as global warming, out-of-control global financial markets and the growing power of transnational corporations.
 * * *
 "It's ambitious and provocative. Can it work? Certainly worth a serious try." Noam Chomsky
 "It is a good idea. What we need is politicians who will give this issueahigh priority."Polly Toynbee The Guardian
 "I thought your proposal was an elegant idea of how change could occur. It reflects the core ideas of how to create consensus around change. This is the biggest challenge that we have."Ed Mayo Executive Director, New Economics Foundation
 "Your idea for a simultaneous policy is excellent.... Lets hope that people start to listen to this important message."Helena Norberg-HodgeDirector of the International Society for Ecology & Culture
 "...the basic concept is excellent.... Let me know what develops!"Jakob von UexkullFounder and Chairman, Right Livelihood Award Foundation
 "The Simultaneous Policy is a creative proposal to accelerate progress toward a sustainable global economy. Many movements and grassroots globalists working for these goals can coalesce around such innovative initiatives."Hazel HendersonAuthor of "Beyond Globalization: Shaping a Sustainable Global Economy"
 ".provocative and potentially transformative. There are ideas here that could change the world."Prof. Charles DerberDept. of Sociology, Boston College, MA, USA
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
 For a complete list of endorsements, please contact ISPOinfo@simpol.org.Published by: New European Publications, 14-16 Carroun Road, London SW8 1JT, UK. Tel/Fax: +44 (0)20 7582 3996 ISBN 0-1872410-15-4 Price: £9.95 Paperback (£12.50 including postage & packing) Copies available direct from:International Simultaneous Policy Organisation, P.O. Box 26547, London SE 37YT, UK. Please make cheques payable to "ISPO".
 All profits go to supporting the SP campaign.International prices (Including postage and packing): UK £12.50 USA$20.00 EU ?23.00 (or equivalent in Eurozone currency) CH Sfr.36.00 AUS A$38.00 Denmark Dkr.170 Sweden Skr.210 Canada C$32.00 Japan ¥2200 NZ NZ$46.00 For prices in other currencies please contact us. Or available from bookshops.The Simultaneous Policy (SP) is not just a book, it's also a global campaign now operating in 19 countries around the world. For further information and to sign on, please visit/contact:
 --------------International Simultaneous Policy Organisation (ISPO)http://www.simpol.org
 e-mail: info@simpol.org--------------
 ISPO Belgique ispo.belgique@simpol.org
 ISPO Argentina ispo.argentina@simpol.org