Re: Taliban hatred for women?
by Sharon Welden
11 November 2001 01:39 UTC

I"ve read another explanation for "who" was persecuted for witchcraft in
the Soc of religion lit - don't have cite.  Writer compared # of
prosecutions in Britain vs the Continent.  As I recall, was much higher on
the Continent because laws there allowed the prosecutors to
take home the "witch's" seized property.  They were, therefore, also
especially interested in prosecuting the rich - both men and women - for
the bounty.  Kind of like current drug prosecution scandals.