media and casualties
by Richard N Hutchinson
07 October 2001 22:22 UTC

It is almost certain to be the case, as with the war on Iraq of 1991, that
the media is manipulated so as to significantly underestimate the extent
of civilian casualties ("collateral damage," that obscene phrase).

Look to the Guardian (www.theguardian.co.uk) and other non-U.S. sources
for information needed to give an accurate picture of the results of
U.S./U.K. bombing of Afghanistan.

This will be THE key to the reception of the anti-war movement...

Unfortunately the timing proved to be perfect for the forum I've been
working on for 10/11, "The U.S. and the Islamic World," and we should have
a huge campus-wide turnout.

RH