Re: political sociology
by Dr. Paul Stevenson
03 October 2001 05:27 UTC

From the past I would suggest virtually anything by Gabriel Kolko plus
America, Russia, and the Cold War by Walter LaFeber, Arabia without Sultans
by Fred Halliday, and Intervention & Revolution by Richard J. Barnet.

-----Original Message-----
From:   George Snedeker [SMTP:snedeker@concentric.net]
Sent:   September 30, 2001 2:35 PM
To:     psn@csf.colorado.edu
Cc:     wsn@csf.colorado.edu
Subject:        political sociology

I am looking for some books that analyse  U.S. foreign and domestic
policies
in the twentieth century for a course in political sociology I am
preparing.
the goal of the course will be to provide students with an understanding of
the present crisis.My central idea is that the present must be situated
within an historical context.  I am looking for books like Howard's Zinn's
THE 20TH CENTURY, but with more analysis.

George Snedeker