Fwd: (en) current crisis
by Seyed Javad
18 September 2001 12:15 UTC

seyedjavad
From: "Susan Brown"
To: ra-len@univ-montp3.fr
Subject: (en) current crisis
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 07:52:36 -0400
From: takver
John,
I think your analysis is correct. We need to criticize the State as
the major proponent of violence and terrorism in society, but also
criticise acts of terrorism by individuals and groups as being
vanguadist acts of violence. Groups which practice terrorism are,
with very few exceptions, states-in-waiting, and their violence is
always counterproductive to achieving social justice.
A quite good argument, but slightly dated (late 70's) is the pamphlet
produced in Australia: 'You Can't Blow up a Social Relationship - The
Anarchist case against Terrorism' which can be found at:
http://www.anarres.org.au/essays/terorism.htm
--
with solidarity
Takver