Re CNN found using fake footage
by Michael Pugliese
16 September 2001 22:30 UTC

http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/current/1202.html
   This goes to the nub of this controversy. Even if Pradep called me, gasp,
a liberal, I agree with him more than he might think. Hell, even might agree
with lnp3 more than he might like to admit. Or me! ;-) Except on the virtues
of this guy.
www.icdsm.org
Michael Pugliese

"Unfortunately there are at times certain (well meaning) tendencies on the
left
--often pacifist-- that feel the need to depict the victims of American
terror
as being above reproach in manner and behaviour in order to elicit sympathy
and
solidarity for them. Its a need that largely stems from the requirements
imposed
by liberal ideology -- that only beautiful well-behaved victims are
deserving of
compassion, not the uppity ones that may have ideas about striking back.
Aside
from being offensively condescending, it is also dishonest, unprincipled and
dangerous as a strategy. I personally am neither surprised, nor am I
particularly offended by the fact that that some Palestenians, born and bred
in
concentration camps and subject to decades of terror, would choose to
celebrate
what they see as their tormenters comeuppance, rather than light candles and
sing kumbya.
-pradeep

Re: CNN found using fake footage