Re: an absolute must for all world systems researchers
by Carl Nordlund
14 August 2001 19:10 UTC

Arno,
Thank you for your post; truly a very interesting article. Two things springs
to mind after browsing through it:

* The report concerns distribution of income within and between national
economies. What about distribution of assets, savings, ownership of capital
goods and other means of production (not forgetting human capital)? Or can we
assume that income in general is proportional to the value of assets, savings
etc?

* Are national boundaries feasible for measuring global distributions of
income? How can the survey proposed at the end of the article be designed to
get a "complete perception of world income distribution"? Is PPP-adjustment
enough?

Yours,

Carl Nordlund