Re: Michael Hardt in the NY Times
by Louis Proyect
08 July 2001 13:23 UTC

>I'm ready for revolutionary politics now.  As soon as all those books as
>done burning, comrade, turn down the Bach and pass me a Molotov cocktail.
>
>--
>Boris Stremlin
>bstremli@binghamton.edu

Aren't we being a bit touchy? Nobody says that college teaching is a
dishonorable profession. One would even venture to say that it ranks higher
than law, medicine and advertising. But don't ever kid yourself into
thinking that this is what being a revolutionary is about.

"a revolutionary career does not lead to banquets and honorary titles,
interesting research and professorial
wages. It leads to misery, disgrace, ingratitude, prison and a voyage into
the unknown, illuminated by only an
almost superhuman belief."

--Max Horkheimer

Louis Proyect