Re: NEWS: GNP methdology a huge misleader, BBC post
by Andre Gunder Frank
11 June 2001 23:08 UTC

probably true,m but even the new analysisd and the commentary are
also misleading:
the +/- 1% per capita increase on the stats is low, but still suprisingly
high.
asnd once we factor in tnhe vast increase of inequality in the
Y distribution, not only inter-nationally but also intra-nationally
everywhre with little exception, then  the masses of the poor even by
these stas have LOST income, and of course income poverty, and  not just
""wealth" poverty - as per the second set of stats, has also increased.
 i got a C in stats at the U of Chg, but I bet i can rtead the stats
better than they can. my for a while Phd prof Arnold Harberger has just
published inn the AER that  monpoly in the Us does not mis-allocate
resources, because the monpoly profit rate was no higher than 6 %.
he put me to work measuring the rate of profit on capital , industry by
industry. i started with  cosmetics, etc. and found 30%.That is
when Arnold [already then  chief honcho of the Chicago boy training camp]
and I came to the parting of the ways.

cheers
gunder frank

                 ANDRE  GUNDER  FRANK

        1601 SW  83rd Avenue, Miami, FL. 33155-1133 USA
        Tel: 1-305-266  0311      Fax:  1-305  267 9606
  E-Mail: franka@fiu.edu   Web Page: csf.colorado.edu/agfrank/