Re: modern social theory books
by Eric H. Mielants
09 June 2001 03:54 UTC

For my intros to sociology I found Trevor Noble "Social Theory and social
change" St Martin's Press, NY, 2000 quite effective : it discusses the
'founding fathers' Marx, Weber, Durkheim, and their offspring (Tonnies,
Pareto. etc. ) but more importantly, also 'Smithian' structural
individualism, dependency theory (Frank & Wallerstein), and postmodernism
(Lyotard, Baudrillard).

eric mielants