Re: Could you please . . . ?
by g kohler
27 May 2001 01:49 UTC

A possible source for your quotation is a radio and TV interview with Michel
Droit, 7 June 1968 - date and content match your quotation. Gert

From the web site:
http://www.charles-de-gaulle.asso.fr/degaulle/biographie/biol.htm

                        [Biographie et chronologie]
                           mai 1968 - 1970 :La fin
Entretien  radiodiffusé  et télévisé avec Michel Droit,  où  il  donne   son
interprétation de la  crise de  civilisation  de  notre société  et
explique   les décisions  qu'il  a  prises pour y remédier.
You wrote:
                                    Could you please ... ?
                                       by Seyed Javad
                                   26 May 2001 18:05 UTC

Dear ...
Could anybody help me to find the source of this statement by General Du
Gaulle, June 7th 1968, I mean how to quote it?

"This explosion was provoked by groups in revolt against modern
       technical and consumer society, whether it be the communism of
      the East or the capitalism of the West. They are groups, moreover,
      which have no idea at all what they would replace it with, but who
          delight in negation, destruction, violence, anarchy and who
                          brandish the black flag".
                        General De Gaulle, June 7th 1968

Thanks for your reply!

Best