Re: VERY IMPORTANT !!!!
by Elson Boles
22 May 2001 01:41 UTC

However, the sneaky feature of this particular virus is that it is not
contained in a conventional "attachment," but in the script of an HTML file.
Thus, avoiding opening attachments won't do the trick.   If you use Outlook,
as I do, you'll see no indication of an attachment, however, you will see
the icon for html in the view pane, which is a warning of sorts not to open
the document.   Outlook, as well as Eudora and Netscape, allow you to read
messages without "opening" them, even after downloading them, which turns
out to be a handy feature.  I read the infected message without opening it.

elson