Re: Can capitalism be reformed?
by Alan Spector

You misunderstand the meaning of my message, but I suspect most readers on
WSN understand it.
I did not say that "Keynesianism"   "CAUSED" the problems of the past
century.

I said that IMPERIALISM caused this misery --- capitalism in the stage where
it must seek investments in other countries to maintain its rate of profit
by finding cheaper labor and markets. If you do not understand the
connection between powerful nations' NEED for profits and the way that they
implement political and military policies to enforce their ability to
exploit workers in other countries,  then you are probably in the minority
on this list, and not me. Those policies ARE the cause of the human
catastrophes that I barely began to outline in the last post.

I also said that Keynesianism was a strategy of capitalism, that it might
alleviate, temporarily in some specific localities, some of the acute
problems of capitalism. But it cannot "SOLVE" capitalism's problems. So, NO,
Keynesianism is not the "CAUSE" of the problems, but the Kenysianists have
repeately shown their basic loyalty to the murderous processes of
imperialism which I have already outlined several times.  Or do you really
think that U.S. capitalism's processes really have nothing to do with
"military coups in South America"?

Alan Spector