Re: Chances for reforming globalization
by Paul Riesz

Dear Richard:
You wrote:
" But capitalism is not simply unfair in its wealth distribution.
Capitalism must - in
order to operate at all - continually ~increase~ the disparity in wealth
distribution."

For you this is an article of FAITH, something so obvious that it does
not need any
proof. But for us poor unbelievers, you would have to provide some more
logical
arguments.

In the meantime I (and hopefully many others) continue to be convinced,
that
REFORM IS NOT ONLY POSSIBLE, BUT THAT ITS TIME HAS COME.
To hold this conviction, we do not depend on blind faith; the waves of
protest that
have started in Seattle and continue to assert themselves all over the
world, plus
statements by many prominent representatives of the "powers that be" are
clear
indications, that the present system is ripe for change.

Nobody knows, whether such change is going to be gradual and moderate
(the
golden middle way), resembling my proposals, in which there would be a
place for both market-based private enterprise and public crisis
prevention and Keynesian smoothing of the busnes cycle
or a radical, revolutionary overturn of everything we know.

For the more extreme solutions to win, it would be necessary to
violently overthrow all present institutions (they wont go without a
fight) and.if past history can give us any clue, such a violent
revolution is not the best way for introducing the peaceful and
harmonious world, you are describing so vividly.

Regards        Paul