request for numbers (was: Re: Is capitalism reformable [Riesz])
by Petros Haritatos

Can the economists on the List please give us
their views on the following statement? RKM wrote:

<<... only 10% of today's global
wealth is related to the productive economy - production,
trade, etc.  90% of the world's monetary wealth exists in an
electronic world of leveraged speculative transactions >>.

I, for example, would like to know

(a) how one arrives at this 10/90 ratio
(b) when was this ratio 50/50 and 90/10
(c) who owns/controls this 90%
(d) what are the absolute figures and how they compare with, say, world
(or OECD) GNP and world (or OECD) market capitalization?

Regards,
Petros Haritatos, Athens