No Subject
by Daniel Pinéu

Dear fellow members,
Dear moderators,

When i joined the WSN list some almost a year ago, i was hoping to find
living, intellectually stimulating, fresh debate about World-Systems Theory.

Fresh after making my acquaintance with the seminal works of Wallerstein, AG
Frank, Chase Dunn and other "classics", I was looking for a place of open
theoretical debate to explore the enormous potential of World Systems
theorizing within Social Sciences, and especially my own field of studies:
International Relations.

Apparently i was mislead to believe that the WSN mailing list was such a
place.

Lately i was surprised to discover that the main objective of the list, so
it seems, is rather to

a)Relentlessly dissect and (re)elaborate on Marxist theory, despite the fact
that there are specialized mailing lists for that purpose

b)Engage in personal (and sometimes blatantly non-academical) attacks on
fellow members

c)Share with the list a wide variety of info about left wing activism,
conspiracy theories, human rights violations, and other personal and public
concerns.

I don`t know whether any more fellow members share this view, but i hope the
number is significant enough for the moderators to do something about it. At
this moment of my intellectual life, however, i have no more time to waste
on vast amounts of virtually useless emails which keep circulating through
the list.

So, i am sorry to do this, but i am unsubscribing from the list. I would
like to say it has been an interesting experience, but the aforementioned
reasons speak for themselves in showing that it wasn't.