< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: David Bohm and Dialogue - Meeting Face-to-face - Holodynamics & What Next

by Bagelhole1

20 December 2000 00:01 UTC

Dear Margarite,
    I'm afraid you have misunderstood my point, as you have not addressed my
comments. First of all I questioned the feasibility of your paragraph below,
which you didn't respond to. Secondly, it is the dominance of capitalism
through the existing regimes/nations that I'm saying is what is fouling up
the world, and it seems that you don't recognize or  agree that as long as
these two "forces" exist, the degradation that they cause will continue.

The antidote that I suggest being decentralized, relatively self-sustainable,
autonomous but not sovereign, small, mutually co-operative communities on a
global scale, which we may or may not agree upon. Pretty much the opposite of
what exists today.

To attain this goal, I would not suggest any kind of violent revolution, as
historically all revolutions are inevitably betrayed, besides the fact that
it would be violent and hugely daunting, but rather by beginning to build
these kind of communities (i.e. self-sustainable, intentional communities,
et.al) to be models for others both in urban and rural environments, first
and third world.

I would hope that you would be kind enough to address the above concerns and
comments in the hope that through a logical discussion, conclusions may be
reached.

Kind Regards,
Mofwoofoo Woofuaza