< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Press and Hegemonic Control

by ilagardien

13 December 2000 23:41 UTC

Hi all

I am starting some research into the role of the press in international
politics/economics and its function in sustaining global economic (capitalist)
othodoxy - sort of like what Danny Scheckter does at mediachannel.org, but on
the international level...

Does anyone on these two lists (including the IPE list which I subscribe to from
home) know of any academic research work that has been done on this; does anyone
have references/ideas... etc. Let me point out that my formal academic training
was in IPE and International Politics and not media studies, communications or
journalism - so there may be a body of work in this area that i simply don't
know anything about.

Would be grateful for any help/advice.

Cheers

Ismail

Ismail Lagardien
World Bank Institute
J4-163
1818 H Street
Washington DC
20433
USA

202 473 9603

Visit the World Bank Institute's Website
http://www.worldbank.org/wbi/